Tonight’s dish is a quick Tikka Masala.
The recipe is a delicious low fat version that I found on Eatingwell.com, and even better it is made in a little under 1/2 an hour.
A big plus after a long day at work.
So let’s get straight into it;
Quick Tikka Masala for Two
Calories per serve: 300
NB: I do not own the rights to this recipe and any alterations I have made are for personal taste.
2 teaspoons garam masala (see Note)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
250g of Chicken
2 teaspoons oil
3 cloves garlic – finely chopped or crushed
1 diced onion
1 Can of Chopped Tomatoes
2 tablespoons lite sour cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- Stir together garam masala, salt and turmeric in a small dish.
- Place flour in a shallow dish.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of the spice mixture and dredge in the flour. (Reserve the remaining spice mix and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the remaining flour.)
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in the pan over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic, onion and ginger and cook, stirring often, until starting to brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the reserved spice mix and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with the reserved 1 1/2 teaspoons flour and stir until coated.
- Add tomatoes and their juice. Bring to a simmer.
- Cook, stirring often, until thickened and the onion is tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the light sour cream.
- Add the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan.
- Bring to a simmer and cook over medium-low heat until the chicken is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Garnish with the chopped coriander leaves.
And that’s it!
A delicious fast dinner, as fast as our stop in India.
Tomorrow we are heading into the desert with a date and butternut squash chickpea salad.
Thanks for reading!
– Ginga Musings