Tonight I will be serving my version on a bed of cous cous with a sprinkle of parsley.
3 small long purple aubergine or 2/3rds of a large dark bell shaped aubergine
1/2 a red onion
3 cloves of garlic
2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
1 capful of whiskey
1 tbsp of maple syrup
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of pepper
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 1/2 tsp of mixed herbs
1 tsp of Thyme
2 tsp of chopped fresh parsley to serve
- Chop the aubergine and carrot into 1 cm size chunks.
- Slice the courgette, onions and garlic thinly.
- Then heat the olive oil in a pan until it is slightly smoking.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until aromatic – then add the aubergine and carrot.
- Stir for around 1 minute.
- Then add the herbs, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine and then add the tomatoes.
- Cook simmering for around 10 minutes (or until the aubergine become soft)
- Add the whiskey and courgettes.
- Cook for a further 3 – 5 minutes.
- Taste and add salt and pepper for your personal preference.
- Then serve drizzled over a warm bed of cous cous with a sprinkle of parsley.
Et voila, c’est Ratatouille!
Bon appetit et Bon nuit.
Merci pour la lecture!
– Ginga Musings