Apologies for being MIA for the last few days. the weekend has been a busy swirl of a head cold and enjoyable social engagements.
Today I will be posting two dishes from Saturday and Sunday which will bring us up to date for the challenge.
Denmark is the next stop on our world wide culinary adventure. By descent I am a quarter Danish, my Danish Grandfather or Morfar lives in Christchurch and over the next two days I will be cooking some modified versions of his best dishes.
First up is a delicious little appetiser combining the salty, smokey taste of bacon with sweet and succulent dates and apricots. They make the perfect addition to any dinner party.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°.
- Lay the bacon out on the flat surface.
- Place the dates and apricots in the centre of the piece of bacon.
- Then carefully fold the bacon on top of the dried fruit and roll.
- Cook in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Serve by cutting the roll in half and serve hot.
Try it out – it’s easy as pie!
Check back in a few hours to catch up with the next Danish edition to our culinary adventure.