Well, here we go with recipe two.
It is a take on a Scandinavian favourite; traditional meatballs, known as Frikadeller. I use to love eating these meat patties for dinner with mushroom sauce on top of creamy mash potatoes.
Today however I will cooking these rissoles in the oven with a mushroom and celery sauce and served on top of a bed of wilted Spinach.
350g Pork or Beef Mince
2 Tbsp of Flour
1 stick of celery, finely chopped
1 Red Onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 1/2 cups of Button Mushrooms
2 1/2 cups of water
1 tsp of ground black pepper
1 tsp of salt
1 tbsp of Dark Soy Sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°.
- Finely chop the onion, celery, garlic and quarter the mushrooms.
- Place the pork mince in a bowl, crack the egg into it and mix it together with a fork.
- Sprinkle the flour over the meat mixture and stir to combine. You may need to add more flour, make sure the mixture shapes into balls easily.
- Then refrigerate the mixture for 10 – 15 minutes
- Pre-heat a pan with the butter and the add the onions, celery and garlic.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Cook for around 1 minute then pour the 2 cups of water into the pan.
- Simmer for around 2 minutes, before adding the mushrooms and dark soy sauce.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper to your personal tastes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Take the Frikadeller mixture out of the Fridge and form four patties.
- Place these in an oven dish.
- Then pour over the mushroom sauce.
- Cook in the oven for around 1 hour.
- Remove and serve over a bed of wilted spinach.
And that’s that!
Tak for Mad – Thank you for the food.
Join us over the next two days for the last of our worldwide culinary adventure.