I have totally neglected my blog, after four months or so of religiously posting and updating it regularly I tucked it out of site like my favourite pair of boots after winter has finished.
What can I say? Life happens.
In amongst five thousand word essays, getting a new job and trying to find our dream home I have to say there hasn’t been much time for blogging.
BUT as this is now the second month of Spring I thought I would put some delicious little summer afternoon treats I’ve been creating.
Today’s recipe is for Spinach and Feta Bites made with flaky puff pastry and creamy feta cheese.
Spinach and Feta Bites
Makes: 20 bites
1 cup of cooked spinach
75g of Feta Cheese
1/2 tsp of pepper
1 tsp of Paprika
2 Square sheets of flaky puff pastry
A little oil to grease the pan.
- Heat the oven to 180˚.
- Add the cooked spinach, salt, pepper and paprika to a small bowl.
- Then add the feta and stir to combine. Taste and add more salt or pepper as needed.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into ten squares
- Grease a mini muffin tray and place a square of pastry in each circlet.
- Cook these in the oven for around 5 minutes or until the pastry just starts to puff.
- Then add a teaspoonful of the spinach mixture into each pastry puff.
- After that add to the oven and cook until the pastry is puffed up and browned around the edges (around 5 – 10mins)
- Take them out and leave to cool in the muffin tins for five mins.
- Then scoop them out still warm onto a plate and BON APPETIT!
- They can also be frozen and re-warmed for a quick and easy snack.
Hope I can get back to some more regular posts soon.
I have a delicious brioche recipe that I’ll be posting before the end of the weekend.