This morning I headed off to work, deliciously satisfied after a bowl of this mouth wateringly good granola.
As the Paleo diet eliminates the typical “cereal” breakfast, granola is a fantastic alternative.
I found this recipe on Paleo Cupboard, which is an awesome blog/website about all things Paleo and with a little adjustment I have made it my own.
I served it with a chopped fresh pear to add some extra juiciness, but you can also add some almond milk.
– 1 cup raw almonds
– 1/4 cup cashews
– 1/4 cup of macadamia nuts
– 1/4 cup of hazelnuts
– 1/4 cup of walnuts
– 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
– 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
– 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
– 1/4 cup olive oil (or any other type like avocado, coconut)
– 1/2 cup honey
– 1 tsp. sea salt
– 1/2 cup of chopped dates
– 1/2 cup of chopped sultanas and apricots
1. Preheat oven to 150°.
2. Place the nuts and coconut flakes in a food processor or blender and pulse a few times to break into smaller chunks.
3. Microwave the oil and honey in a medium sized mixing bowl for about 30 seconds.
4. Add the seeds, nuts and coconut flakes and stir to coat.
5. Spread the granola mixture evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once or twice.
6. Remove from heat and add the raisins and sprinkle with sea salt, pressing the mixture together to form a flat surface.
7. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes or until hardened, and then break into chunks and enjoy.